It is necessary to write, if the days are not to slip emptily by. How else, indeed, to clap the net over the butterfly of the moment? For the moment passes, it is forgotten; the mood is gone; life itself is gone. That is where the writer scores over his fellows: he catches the changes of his mind on the hop. ~Vita Sackville-West
Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. ~E.L. Doctorow
Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very;" your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be. ~Mark Twain

Thursday, August 9, 2012

I'm Still Here

Since my laptop crashed and I got my Kindle Fire, I have not felt like typing with a touch screen. So, I have been severely slacking on my blog.  I figured it's a good time to play catch up.  I've been very busy crocheting lately also...found something to keep me out of trouble! :)  I remember when I was younger and my Mom used to take care of my Great-Grandma...and Great-Great Aunt Kate used to come visit....the two of them would sit for hours knitting and crocheting.  I started having them teach me, and later, both of my Grandmas continued my schooling.  But, then life caught up to me and I was too busy to be bothered with either.  Last September, all 4 of the kids started school and I started this blog as something to keep me busy, but by March, I needed something else....and that was when I just ordered my crochet needles and re-taught myself.  The rest is history...knitting is still in the future, but for now..I'm a crochet queen! :)  Here's a little photo-biography of my work so far!
My first projects..accidental mini-tote, soap sack, washcloth, and cotton rounds (great for makeup removal!)


 A couple of other bags I made...aren't they cute?!
My first lapghan...I added a single crochet round of the variegated yarn before giving this to my little sis-in-law as a graduation gift.

                                                                     My second lapghan.

                                        I made this camo blanket for my hubby...he loves it!!

I made this lapghan for the 4th of July...and Hayden, who had just turned 6, wanted it for a birthday present..

                         First of the baby items..I loved the sandals so much...I made more!! :)


                          My first full layette..makes me wish I had done this for my own babies!!
                       
                        This afghan was a wedding gift for my bro-in-law and new sis-in-law.

This is my new favorite piece of art!!....A just-shy-of queen size granny square afghan!

And last, but not least, a few of my latest day or two projects...





Comfy warm ankle warmers





Kayleigh's sunhat...I have added a ribbon to this also...look for pics to come!!

 The boys..modeling Daddy's camo hat..I'm currently finishing both of their hats, but they wanted to model!









A very rare pic of me!!  I absolutely love this slouchy brimmed beret!!  I'm making a beret without a brim for Jasmyn also.





And now, you've seen why I have been neglecting my blog!!  So sorry to all of you, but I hope you've enjoyed my update...and if you're interested in any items, feel free to message me!!  School starts again soon, and I'll have even more free time! :)

2 comments:

  1. Loving all your crocheting projects!! I gave up crocheting in favour of knitting, but knitting is definitely slower, at least for me. You sped through all of those... wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin! I'm a bit obsessive about crochet! But it's so much fun! I know knitting is slower, but I'm determined to re-teach myself eventually! I wish I never gave them up before! I definitely can't get enough of it now!

    ReplyDelete